Blog Post #5

Teach to the Test.  http://teacherbarry.blogspot.com/index.html  by Barry Fuller.  "The kids who are in danger of being left behind need to be taught how to pass the tests in life. Seriously, the gifted kids are going to get into college and get jobs where logic and reason win out over rote memorization, so everything works out."

I have to agree with what you're saying to an extent. I used to work at a fast food restaurant for almost two years and I know all too well that having an inspection only means we want this to be perfect and clean for the moments that the inspector is there. When it comes to schooling and education, I think there's a little more to education, even if its before the enlightened college level, than tests can cover. Agreeing with you though, testing is the perfect way to teach kids some level of responsibility, and to at least have the interest in how they're doing. A woman once told me, "Education isn't supposed to teach you the right answers to everything, it's supposed to teach you how to find where those right answers are if you need them". Teaching to the test is the perfect way to get it done and over with, and maybe that is what we need. My only hope is that those willing and meant to do more in their own education, seek it without a teachers direct help.

• .
  • .
  • .
  • .
  • .
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30