Blog Response #5

Title of post: Reaching Across Cultures

URL: http://davidwarlick.com/2cents/2007/11/13/reaching-across-cultures/#comments

The author of 2¢ Worth writes, "Our children can rich back across cultures to witness in brand new ways, the greats of their chosen passions, and then express it in old world ways..."

As I was reading this blog, I was actually listening to high school and college students sing show tunes on Youtube. I have been listening to some of my favorite songs sung in different ways and acted out by different people. I find it interesting that students can now go across the globe and through time to get at an array of learning materials. What intrigues me most about your post is that you say that students can reach through different cultures in order to study what they want. The internet can actually place learning into the students hands and allow them to teach themselves! With the help of a teacher, Youtube is a great tool for bringing in multi-cultural lesson plans into the classroom. There are a wide variety of very useful videos that can be brought in from all over the states and the world to educate our students.
  • .
  • .
  • .
  • .
  • .
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30