Blog Response #5

http://wedderburn-college.blogspot.com/

Creating a Learning Wiki

“I love wikis. Mainly because they provide an opportunity for anyone or everyone to create an online presence to share, to provoke, to describe, to collaborate. Wikis as we know simply enable anyone and everyone to create content online using easily understandable tools. Many of our P-12 schools are taking advantage of the opportunities for "collaborative construction" that wikis provide. But I love the fact that we can also use them for whatever we need to create online.”

I think wikis are a great tool for teachers.  This is my first semester in school where a teacher has used a wiki, and I love it.  It makes it easy to follow what is going on in the class, and gives us a place to discuss group projects without having to meet in person.  I have been thinking of ways to incorporate it into my classroom, like posting the course schedule and homework online, as well as having an online discussion.  But I hadn’t taken it further than that until I read your blog.  Now I am thinking about using wikis as a way to keep the parents aware of what is happening in the classroom, to collaborate on projects with other teachers, and as a place to get feedback on current projects that I am working on.

« May 2017 »
  • .
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30
  • 31
  • .
  • .
  • .